NAME OF RECIPE:
Fresh Tuna Burgers
1 lb.Fresh tuna, cut into 2" pieces
3 Small onions, green part only, finely chopped
1/2 Bell pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Fresh ginger, finely chopped
1/4 Cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tsp. Salt
Dash of hot sauce
4 Hamburger buns
Top with Mango Katsup for extra flavor
1. Combine ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped - about 6 pulses. Do not over process.
2. Shape the mixture into 4 burgers. Set these on a plate so they are not touching, cover well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Place a skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat, add the oil, and let it get hot - about 2 minutes.
4. Arrange the burgers in the pan so they aren't touching. Cook uncovered for 2 minutes. Turn and cook about 2 minutes more. The burgers should be rare to medium-rare.
5. Serve on a hamburger bun.
Serving size: 1 burger patty
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
223 calories, 27g protein, 9g fat, 661mg sodium, 31mg calcium.